Thursday, July 18, 2013

"You really ought to give Iowa a try"




Iowa really has been an adventure for David and I and each day of our excitement starts in home sweet home.

We were really fortunate to find this place without ever stepping foot in Iowa we didn't know what to expect or if we'd even know where we were going to sleep at night. But we found a great apartment through Craig's list. It was an answer to our prayers. We were only bringing our car with us and minimal belongings. And this beaut came furnished which means were didn't have to sleep on a foam mattress. It's a mansion and full of character split into nine apartments. Every time I walk through the doors I can smell Disneyland... not the churros and cotton candy but the mildew and musty mixed with fresh cigarette smoke. 

Everyone take not of the little fridge! This little guy gives me grieve everyday. it's too short to stand up a gallon of milk in. Using my awesome detective skills, I have figured out that Walmart's milk has the best cap so it doesn't leak laying down in our fridge. I'm sure when we leave I'll miss this little shorty though. 
The plant picture is for my mom because she knows very well how awful I am at taking care of house plants. I about cried when I saw that the women renting to use has entrusted me with her plant. but I stress over it everyday and tada!!! It's still alive and looking good I might add.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found a place with furniture! I miss you sweetheart. I'm counting down the days until you're home!

    ReplyDelete